For 18 years, Wilda Harper, owner of Tots N Tutors, LLC, has been helping students of all ages pass standardized tests. Our test prep tutoring sessions are structured to increase your child’s readiness and test-taking skills while also preparing for immediate classroom challenges like daily assignments and upcoming tests.
STAAR Test Tutoring:
The first exam we have invested experience with is the State of Texas Assessment of Academic Readiness (STAAR) test. All students in Texas are required to take the STAAR test starting 3rd grade and continue through high school.
The STAAR test measures a student’s readiness for higher academic levels and college. Make sure your child is invested in education by contacting our experienced Austin tutors for cumulative test prep.
Tots ‘N Tutors Limited Company Mastering STAAR Program includes:
- Highly-qualified, certified educational specialist with backgrounds in language arts & math
- Specialized sessions that are proven to improve students grades and STAAR passing rates
- Data-driven lessons tailored to meet the specific needs and requests of the campus
- Goal-oriented towards mastery of standards, organization skills, and real-world connections
- Positive behavior support and an effort-based incentive program
- Ongoing Reflect & Reteach strategies to spiral in commonly missed standards, including previous year’s math misconceptions
- Interactive Notebooks and Note-taking (Cornell) for referencing problem-solving strategies, while supporting effective AVID strategies
- Differentiated Instruction, as needed, during each session to meet specific academic needs
- Individual and program tracking of progression of success
- Collaborative relationships with staff to consistently review data with instructional teams
PSAT / ACT / SAT Prep Course Near Me:
Our test prep tutoring is designed best for students who were dissatisfied
with prior test prep, students who struggle with test-taking, have never taken either the SAT or ACT, or for anyone who needs an in-depth review of one, some, or all sections.
The TSI Assessment is a part of the Texas Success Initiative program designed to help a Texas-based university decide if a student is ready for college-level course work.
If you decide you need help with the all parts of the exam, aren’t familiar with computer-hosted tests, or decide you want to focus on a specific section, we can set up a schedule that fits your academic needs and goals.